How To Guide: Cutting X Rack to length
Problem: Y Stalling/ Skipping
In the factory we cut the ends of the X Rack, which is the toothed rod the print head moves on. You may be experiencing Y Stalling/ Skipping if the ends of your X Rack are not cut. Here are some simple steps to fix the problem:
- One side of the X Rods will be glued to the sliders, one side will not.
Hold the slider in one hand, and the X Rack in the other.
- While holding the slider and X Rack, gently pull apart from each other.
Please be careful as to not bend the Z Rods, only a small gap is needed.
- Rotate the slider so the pegs point upwards. The X Axis is now free from the sliders.
- Trim piece of plastic sticking out from X Rack.
Use wire cutters or diagonal cutters for a clean cut.
See photo below for completed, cut X Rack.
- Reinstall X Axis in reverse order.
We hope these instructions prove useful. Please reply if you have any trouble with this process or any other questions you may have.